By Christy Baroni
I love finding new sources for healthy and simple recipes and was delighted to find this little gem in this month’s issue of Real Simple. The halibut is a heart-healthy protein choice, and the green curry is a natural metabolic enhancer. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Green Curry with Halibut
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 shallots, thinly sliced
• 3 tablespoons green curry paste
• 1 15 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
• ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
• 1 ½ pounds of boneless, skinless halibut, cut in to 1 ½ inch pieces
• 1 cup small basil leaves
• 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
• Brown rice and lime wedges, for serving
• Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
• Add the shallots and green curry paste.
• Stir until shallots are soft, 2-3 minutes.
• Add coconut milk and chicken broth, bring to a simmer.
• Stir in the halibut.
• Cover and simmer over medium-high heat until the fish is opaque throughout, 6-8 minutes.
• Spoon the mixture in to a bowl over cooked rice and top with a squeeze of lime, pinch of basil, and jalapeno.
• Call your mom, seriously it’s that good!