Here are some quick questions we’ve been asked regarding The Official Murph Challenge, this year.
We thought we’d lay them out here so you can have quick access to answers!
If we are missing anything, just ask in the comments section and we’ll add it to the post. Thanks!
When in doubt, Stay Calm and Murph On.
1. Do I need to sign up for The Official Murph Challenge to participate in the Memorial Day Murph workout at CTF? Nope, but signing up WILL get you a t-shirt or hat (or both) and your donation will go to the LT. Michael P. Murphy Memorial Scholarship Foundation.
2. How do I register for The Official Murph Challenge? Click Here. Register your Affiliate as “Conviction Training Facility”.
3. What if I don’t want to be on the leaderboard for The Official Murph Challenge? You don’t have to. Signing up here gets you an official Forged Clothing Murph t-shirt or cap (or both) and your donation goes to the LT. Michael P. Murphy Memorial Scholarship Foundation.
4. What is the Murph workout? Click here for demos and standards.
5. Will there be scaling options? Yes. CTF will provide scaling and Team options during Saturday “Murph Prep” Workouts and on Memorial Day.
6. Can I be on The Official Murph Challenge Leaderboard if I scale or do a Team option? Currently Forged Clothing does not have that option on their leaderboard, but you can still sign up here to get the t-shirt and donate to the LT. Michael P. Murphy Memorial Scholarship Foundation.
7. What time are Murph Prep Workouts? Saturdays at 8am at CTF. Feel free to bring a friend or two or ten. CTF is waiving the drop in fee on Saturdays in lieu of donations to Honor Our Heroes Foundation.
8. When is the Murph workout? Monday, Memorial Day, at 9am at CTF. Feel free to bring a friend or two or ten. CTF is waiving the drop in fee in lieu of donations to Honor Our Heroes Foundation. This will be the only class that day. There will be no Open Gym. We will be heading to the beach upon completion of Murph to honor the remainder of the day. We hope every single one of you joins us.
9. Will CTF be providing weight vests? We have one 20# Mir Vest at the gym. You are welcome to it. It is first come, first served. Other than that, it’s BYOV, warriors.
10. Who was Mike Murphy? Click here.
11. How will CTF scale Murph?
Hero Workout: “Murph”
1 mile run
1 mile run
*You may break up movements however you wish. If you want do this workout as Murph did (he called it “Body Armor” and did it every Wednesday) see the Advanced workout below.
**You may also do this in Teams and pursue what ever level you’d like. All Teammates run. One Teammate moves while the others rest.
***Challenge yourself. Hold yourself to the highest of standards on your repetitions. Cheer each other on when it gets hard. Be there for each other.
LIII: 60 pullups. 120 pushups.
LII: 60 DB or KB rows. 90 pushups. 150 squats.
LI: 800m run/walk. 60 DB or KB rows. 60 pushups at sub of choice. 100 squats. 800m run/walk
PWMOB: Stretch, hug, be grateful.
Advanced: Wear a 20# vest. Do not move on to the next movement until you have completed all reps of previous movement.