Plantains, commonly found in Jamaica, is a delicious substitute for a traditional starch side. Make sure to pick out plantains (next to the bananas in the grocery) that are slightly brown. ~ Lindsay Martin
2 each Plantains, browned, peeled
Pinch Ground cinnamon
Pinch Ground nutmeg
Coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut off the top and bottom of each plantain and remove the peel.
- Slice the plantains into ¼ – ½ inch slices.
- Place foil onto a large baking sheet and spray with coconut oil spray.
- Line up the plantains onto the foil and sprinkle with salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spray coconut oil on top of the plantains.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove plantains from oven and turn them over to brown the other side. Bake for another 10-12 minutes.
Serving size: ½ cup cooked (~8-10 pieces)
0 gm fat / 1 gm protein / 29 gm carb / 2 gm fiber / 125 mg sodium