by Lindsay Martin
If you love banana bread, this recipe is a must try. Not only is the taste spot on, but they freeze really well, too!
COCONUT BANANA BARS
1 1⁄2 cups Coconut flour
1⁄2 cup Flaxseed, ground
2 T. Coconut, shredded, sweet or unsweet
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 1⁄2 cups Almond milk, unsweetened
1 T. Almond butter (optional)
1⁄2 tsp. Coconut extract
1 each Banana, diced into small pieces
1⁄4 cup Dried blueberries (optional)
1 piece Parchment paper
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• In a large mixing bowl add all dry ingredients and stir until combined.
• In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients, including dried fruit, together then add to dry
• Stir mixture until evenly combined (it may be have a slight crumble texture—this is okay).
• Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper. Evenly spread the bar mixture on top of the
parchment. Make sure to spread this out—using your hands is the easiest way.
• Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until the bar has slightly risen and has a slight give to it when
touching the top. (to prevent browning, you can spray coconut oil on top of the bar). Let rest for
Number of servings: 20
Serving size: 1 bar
110 calories, 4 gm protein, 3.5 gm fat, 16 gm carbohydrate, 6 gm fiber, 125mg sodium